Re: Metrics Full Index Scans Per Sec is at 2,551.756

From: Mikhail Velikikh <mvelikikh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 15:10:24 +0100

 The metric name is a bit misleading but the description is correct. It counts 'INDEX FAST FULL SCAN' rather than 'INDEX FULL SCAN' operations as I thought initially judging by its name.

It should be coming from V$SYSMETRIC-family views:

select begin_time, end_time, value from v$sysmetric where metric_name='Full Index Scans Per Sec';

You can take a look at the 'Segment Statistics/Segments by Table Scans' section of your AWR report, or query
v$segment_statistics/dba_hist_segstat_obj to find out indexes with the highest number of the 'segment scans' statistic.

Best regards,
Mikhail Velikikh