Re: DMON killing RSM0?

From: Mikhail Velikikh <mvelikikh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 09:05:51 +0100

> Err 255 is not much help either, it's unspecified status

Mladen, I see that error code is 235:

> krsk_srl_access: Failed to open LNO:412: err=235

That is:
 ORA-00235: control file read without a lock inconsistent due to concurrent update
That gives a clue that something is modifying the controlfile: Error ORA-235 Occurred During An Un-locked Control File Transaction (Doc ID 2312580.1)

The "srl" part in the function name most likely stands for 'Standby Redo Log'.

Dave, do you have any backups running at that time? I usually check the DRC log file when Data Guard is involved to see if it has a hint of what is going on.