Re: sql monitor

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 21:43:58 +0200

Hi Henry,

It seems, information oracle shares regarding underscore parameters is vague as always.
A quite good source is
https://sqlmaria.com/2017/08/01/getting-the-most-out-of-oracle-sql-monitor/  .
There Maria states, you can enforce monitoring with force=true , but then immediately the limits are explained.
I read id the way, by force=true, sqlmonitoring is "basically" triggered. Then it still follows all the rules & limitations, e.g. _sqlmon_max_planlines.

This all is only my interpretation. Still I'd recommend to increase _sqlmon_max_planlines. Maybe you can limit it to the sessions in question to limit it's impact.

hth,
 berx

Am Mo., 18. Mai 2020 um 20:59 Uhr schrieb Henry Poras <henry.poras_at_gmail.com

--
Martin Berger                Oracle ♠
martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com _at_martinberx <https://twitter.com/martinberx>