Re: Which Oracle Cloud Control version is production ready the most.

From: Rich J <rich242j_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 06:35:06 -0500

Hey Greg,

I'm currently running 13.3 with a 13.4 installation for future production servers. The Performance Hub (ASH Analytics / SQL Monitoring) on 13.3 is frankly unusable for me. I'm still using the old Flash-based Top Activity there, which can only be found by typing in the URL -- there is no menu item. The interface for the 13.4 Performance Hub is significantly improved and is definitely usable for me, but I think it's still not as accurate as the old Top Activity. I'm still testing, but Top Activity appears to have a better threshold on running SQL statements, where it can "see" more SQLs than Performance Hub.

Between the two, I'd definitely go with 13.4. There's of course minor bugs, but no showstoppers for me (13.4.1 out soon?). Be prepared for tons of errors in the background (e.g. in emoms.trc) that Support says to ignore.

Good luck!
Rich