Re: "Excluded Objects" syntax in OEM

From: Rich J <rich242j_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 14:05:34 -0600

Hey Dave,

One database target in my EM13.3 has the Generic Alert Log Error metric. In the Edit Advanced Settings for that metric, there is an "Alert Log Filter Express" at the bottom. This filter has the description of:

This expression must be a Perl-style regular expression and only an exact
> match of the pattern will suppress. If there is an ORA- error occurring in
> the alert log that should not be considered a Generic Alert Log Error, it
> can be filtered out by supplying a Filter Expression. When the ORA- error
> stack fully matches this expression, Oracle Enterprise Manager will ignore
> the ORA- error entirely.
> *Example:* To match "ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments
> [qerfxFetch_01], [], [], [], [], [], []" you might give the pattern
> ".*ORA-00600:.*\[qerfxFetch[^\]]*\].*".

The current Property Value of this for me is:

.*ORA-0*(54|1142|1146)\D.* So, errors matching that pattern (the globby ".*" at the start and end are interesting) should be excluded from the warning and critical thresholds. Does that help you at all?

Rich

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 11:52 AM Herring, David <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> wrote:

> Folks,
>

> I'm trying to figure out what the proper syntax is for having particular
> ORA- errors to be excluded from Incident Rules and not having much luck. I
> could have sworn that in the past regular expressions worked but now I'm
> doubting it. This is for OEM 13.3, RHEL 6.9.
>

> (Note: I've got an SR open w/ Oracle on this as well but thought I'd check
> with this list as you tend to have more real-world examples to work off of)

[snip]