Re: How to delete the entire application data (EBS 12.2.6)

From: Alfredo Abate <alfredo.abate_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 16:55:01 -0600

As others have already stated, there is no easy way to delete data for a particular business unit in EBS. Oracle doesn't provide a mechanism for doing this out of the box. There might be 3rd party tools but I'm not familiar with any.

We've recently done something similar at our company with the divestiture of one of our business units. What we did was provide the company with data extracts of the data they needed (items, inventory, open orders, open POs, etc) and they loaded into their ERP system. For our acquiring company, they were already an Oracle EBS shop so it was a bit easier to load data that was extracted from EBS using standard interfaces with minimal data massaging.

The other thing I'm wondering, is the new company, if not an Oracle EBS shop already, ready to take on the purchase of Oracle licensing needed to run EBS? Or maybe it's a "not our problem" scenario. :)

Alfredo