schagent

From: Alan Sterger <asterger_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 18:05:00 -0500

Performing RMAN compressed backupsets to a non-database host via NFS.  To not overtax the NFS link, want a single scheduling point on the non-database Linux host.  Implemented Oracle Remote Scheduling Agent (schagent) on the non-database host and have registered a host with several databases.

What I'm not seeing with schagent is a way to save DBMS_SCHEDULER backups on the non-database host.  I was hoping to build a master scheduler a la Control-M as I don't want to install Grid as it would be overkill.

Is there a way to save DBMS_SCHEDULER backup jobs to a non-database Linux host?

Thanks,

-- Asterger

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun Feb 16 2020 - 00:05:00 CET

Original text of this message