Re: Convert oracle 10g standard to oracle 10g enterprise

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 15:07:31 -0600

Good luck finding the software and installing it. I seem to recall it doesnt work very well with current linux versions. I know it had issues with OEL/RHEL 6 that required work arounds, and I am not sure it will even install on 7. So you probably want RHEL 5 if you can find a copy. I do keep a library of old oracle versions back to 8.1.7, just in case someone has an ancient Oracle version they need help with. But if you arent doing something like that, the software is not available from Oracle any more.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 11:26 AM Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> for 10g onwards you only need to start the database from the EE oracle
> home, seeHow to Convert Database from Standard to Enterprise Edition
> (till 11gR2)? (Doc ID 117048.1).
>

> Regards
> Dimitre
>
> On 13/02/2020 18.04, Vinay Kumar Narisetty wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We have some old application running on Oracle 10.2.0.5 SE.Database
> > size 3.5 TB. We decided to migrate to Oracle 10.2.0.5 EE.
> >
> > Is there better ways to convert Oracle 10gr2 Standard edition to
> > Oracle 10gr2 Enterprise edition with minimal downtime?
> >
> > Please advice!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Vinay Narisetty

Andrew W. Kerber