Re: cursor_sharing setting

From: Cee Pee <carlospena999_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 13:16:30 -0600

Thanks everyone.

Andrew:

NAME                                          VALUE                    DEFLT
_optim_peek_user_binds                        TRUE                     TRUE

"Bind varaibles for a partition key should inhibit from partion stats being used on parsing." I think the optimizer may not know to use indexes or not, etc. which applies even to an OLTP system. I remember reading about those things in Christian's TOP book. (Thank you Christian if you are reading this thread, a great book).

what does that parameter do? I couldnt get any good results searching. Does it let the optimizer peek at bind variable values once a while?