Re: RE: convert big endian to medium endian

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2020 14:42:08 +0000

Hi Ahmed,

I think I know what you are thinking of attempting but the problem is this, the internal format of the data files etc are not documented (well/at all) by Oracle so it is going to be rather difficult to write a C program to convert from one endian to the other.

That's not to say that it cannot be done, but even if it works and imports into the new database, the chances of getting any of the support you paid for with your licence fees are going to be less than zero. Not good for production systems.

Use Rman and convert tablespace or convert database etc commands.

Cheers,
Norm.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sat Feb 08 2020 - 15:42:08 CET

Original text of this message