Installing GoldenGate on standby server

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 10:18:52 -0700

Oracle EE12.1.0.2
GoldenGate 12.2.0.1

I'm fairly new to supporting GoldenGate and all the DBAs who used to do it are no longer at the company. We also lack good documentation, which I am working to rectify. We are preparing to move a production database to a new servers & storage that will have a primary and a standby vs the single instance we have now. We currently use GoldenGate to replicate data from several tables to another database on another server. I don't want to be in the position of needing to install GG on the standby server in the event we need to switchover/failover and cause delays in the replication to the other database. From what I've read, I can install it, but not start it on the standby server so it will be ready in the event we need it. By design, the primary and standby servers will not share anything. If you have a moment, please review the steps I think I need and let me know if this will work or if I've missed anything.

  1. Download the same version of GG to the standby that the primary is running
  2. Run the installer
  3. Do *not* check "Start manager" during the install *or *check "Start Manager" and stop it after the installation (not sure which is the better way to go)
  4. Copy the parameter files from the primary to the standby
  5. Update the team documentation to note that any changes to the primary must also be done on the standby

--

Sandy B.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Feb 06 2020 - 18:18:52 CET