Re: AW: Re: amm vs. asmm

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 09:22:49 +0100 (CET)

Hello Ahmed,
do you wanna describe the problem that you currently have/face with AMM or is it more like "we have a performance/functional problem in this database and in my experience we had problems with AMM in the past - so let's try this"

The mentioned huge pages advantage (or large pages what it is called on AIX) with ASMM is not such a big deal in a lot of the AIX environments as Oracle already uses 64K (medium) pages on AIX instead of the 4K pages on Linux - however if you have a really large SGA and a lot of processes, it might be an useful option too.

So back to the original question: What is the problem that you wanna solve with the change from AMM to ASMM or why do you try to convince the DBA? :-)

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK