Re: Using dblinks over distance

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 14:41:37 +0700

Not really. If you are going over the internet, regardless of your connection speed, you will hit bottlenecks due to the competition will millions of others (across a 1000 miles). What Mladen is referring to is purchasing dedicated bandwith between the 2 locations, and thus, getting far more guaranteed speeds and latency.