Re: Using dblinks over distance

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 13:39:59 -0500

The problem is not the distance, the problem is the network speed. WAN is usually slightly slower than 10Gb LAN. Thus the solution: improve the network speed. Buy more dedicated lines from your network provider. Also, it's about the application design: you shouldn't do real time queries against the database in the server room far, far away. You should use materialized views and cache the data locally. It's called "intelligent design".

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant