Database option SDO mismatch: PDB installed version 19.0.0.0.0. CDB installed version NULL

From: Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 13:29:43 -0500

I've installed Oracle 19c Standard Edition on several servers and spun up multi-tentant databases with a single PDB. I've been applying the July and October RUs seemingly without issue - until I reboot. Then I run into this error in PDB_PLUG_IN_VIOLATIONS (also the PDBs are in restricted mode):

'19.3.0.0.0 Release_Update 1904101227' is installed in the CDB but no release updates are installed in the PDB Database option SDO mismatch: PDB installed version 19.0.0.0.0. CDB installed version NULL.

 I have an SR open with Oracle, but am not making much progress. Then I ran into this little gem in note 2318035.1:

The only way to create a Standard Edition database without OLAP is to create it via DBCA using CUSTOM DB, and explicitly uncheck OLAP; this causes the database to be created from scripts instead of templates.

  So it would seem as though there is an issue with the templates when spinning up an SE database. I was just curious if anyone else has run into this.

Thank you,
Jay