Re: Question on RMAN restore from tape

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 16:27:33 -0500

Well, yes you do have to configure those things. To paraphrase king Arthur from Mony Python's "Holly Grail", one has to know these things when you're a DBA. However, there are defaults, at least with NetBackup and Commvault. The defaults are usually good enough. Oracle Cloud module is very new and not very well known. And as with any new software, it has its fair share of bugs, compounded with the lack of knowledge on the part of DBA personnel and support personnel as well.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant