RE: Migrating from OID to OUD

From: Kemnitz, LeRoy <leroy.kemnitz_at_uwss.wisconsin.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 16:29:28 +0000

It looks to me that it is enabled –
Salted SHA-1
Refresh<https://uwssoudldapp01.uwss.uwsads.wisconsin.edu:7002/odsm/faces/odsm.jspx?_afrLoop=769361561049885&_afrWindowMode=0&_afrWindowId=null&_adf.ctrl-state=swr8odcpl_1> Apply
Revert

*Required

Password Storage Properties
*Enabled

Storage Scheme Type Name
SaltedSHA1PasswordStorageScheme
Java Class
org.opends.server.extensions.SaltedSHA1PasswordStorageScheme Referenced By

Name

From: Kurt Van Meerbeeck <kurtvm_at_telenet.be> Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:02 AM To: Kemnitz, LeRoy <leroy.kemnitz_at_uwss.wisconsin.edu> Cc: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: Migrating from OID to OUD

The obvious question is - does the ldap server use salted sha as password policy ? If it for example uses SHA-512 or bcrypt, then it will not match your SSHA hashes.

kind regards

Van: "Kemnitz, LeRoy" <leroy.kemnitz_at_uwss.wisconsin.edu<mailto:leroy.kemnitz_at_uwss.wisconsin.edu>> Aan: "oracle-l" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>> Verzonden: Woensdag 11 december 2019 16:10:29 Onderwerp: Migrating from OID to OUD

Hey –

I am migrating from OID 11.1 to replicated OUD 11.2. Both servers are running Linux 7.*

I am working on exporting/importing my users from OID to OUD. I can create the LDIF from OID and import it to OUD, after some adjustments of the LDIF. I remove the authpassword and the orclpassword attributes. I then import successfully but the passwords are different in OUD than they were in OID.

Has anyone done this process before? How? I tried removing the {SSHA} from the password attribute. I also set the ‘allow-preencoded-passwords’ vlaue in my OUD. Same result.

I am waiting on Support to let me know if it is possible.

LeRoy

image001.gif
(image/gif attachment: image001.gif)