Re: OT: Web Media Group? Scam? Valid? Any clues?

From: Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman <dbakevlar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 06:38:54 -0800

I get these all the time, as do many bloggers. I don’t know anyone who’s taken them up on their offer, but I’d break down the offer and consider if carefully vs why you blog.
1. Sharing your knowledge.
This would no longer be your content. I may be a bit of a control freak, but consider the quality that they would be producing and the topic focus. 2. Authenticity
You would no longer be the voice of your own blog. This seems quite opposite of the definition of a blog should be. 3. Content
Yes, you may approve the content, but it’s still not your content. What if you decide later on you want to get rid of it. What does the fine print say? I’d look over that fine print very carefully.

Just my 2c.
Kellyn

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 12:35 AM Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk> wrote:

> Apologies for the off topicness here. I'm wondering if anyone out there
> has had dealings with the Web Media Group (webmediagroup.org).
>
> They have contacted me with a view to them, supplying me with articles
> for my blog, and paying me for each article I "publish".
>
> I've not heard of them before this, and while they have what appears to
> be a decent web site, is it too good to be true? Only Dire Straits had
> "Money for Nothing" :o)
>
> Has anyone had any dealings, good or bad, with these people? If so,
> please reply direct to my email and let's not spam the group.
>
> Thanks.
>
> If the mods want to delete this post for being too far off topic, feel
> free.
>

> Cheers,
> Norm.
>
> --