Re: Database Appliance

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 09:23:15 -0500

With the advent of Oracle12c and "datapatch" utility, patching became an adventure, from a routine task in 11G. Maybe Oracle 20c will improve on that and deliver a reliable patching mechanism? However, I wouldn't cherish any hopes, 20c will not be a part of "12c" products, it will be a "new and improved version". And as the very first version of any "new and improved" thing, it will probably be fairly buggy.  It will be just like Chevy Corvair - "unsafe at any speed".

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant