Re: Documentation Standard

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 09:33:53 -0500

The companies that I worked for used various things: Lotus Domino, HTML and Wiki markup. The most popular was HTML because it's well known and can, as Norm Dunbar has noted, be version controlled. Not only that, MS-Word can read an HTML document directly and render it into a docx or PDF. My personal preference is Wiki markup, because it comes with the software that makes into a searchable web page so you get not only a method of writing documentation but also a method for presenting it and searching it. Lotus Domino has one thing that I really liked: signing off the documentation. It enabled a string of sign-offs before the document became valid change control or work order. Lotus Domino is not free or open source but it is good.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant