Check my understanding of Oracle licensing

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <jbeckstrom_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 11:24:38 -0500

We are considering migrating to new servers and before we purchase anything we would like our logic checked.

This would be for IAS/Weblogic on X64 hardware. Our understanding is that each core has a factor of .5. We are considering a 2 processor server with 8 cores per processor for a total of 16 cores. Based on the factor this would represent 8 processors to be licensed.

Does this make sense?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Lead Database Administrator
Information Technology Department
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113