Re: Dataguard in data warehousing

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 10:14:26 -0500

Just to add to Frank's brilliant article "recover database nologged block" actually works by copying the blocks from the primary and is only available for active data guard, not for the run of the mill maximum performance data guard in mounted state. As for the network simulation, thank you, I've learned something. However, I am not sure what should it simulate, I would still prefer to measure my network throughput by iperf3 (https://iperf.fr/) That should give me a good idea whether the link can support my rate of change or not.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant