Re: Oracle 12.2 is junk!

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 20:54:30 -0400

Well, I don't have corruption:

RMAN> backup validate tablespace sysaux;

Starting backup at 21-OCT-19
using target database control file instead of recovery catalog allocated channel: ORA_DISK_1

channel ORA_DISK_1: SID=28 device type=DISK
channel ORA_DISK_1: starting full datafile backup set
channel ORA_DISK_1: specifying datafile(s) in backup set
input datafile file number=00003
name=/home/oradata/o122/data_D-O122_I-1534876540_TS-SYSAUX_FNO-3_7su6tgso channel ORA_DISK_1: backup set complete, elapsed time: 00:00:03 List of Datafiles

File Status Marked Corrupt Empty Blocks Blocks Examined High SCN ---- ------ -------------- ------------ --------------- ---------- 3    OK     0              16198        102419 21663082    File Name:
/home/oradata/o122/data_D-O122_I-1534876540_TS-SYSAUX_FNO-3_7su6tgso
   Block Type Blocks Failing Blocks Processed
   ---------- -------------- ----------------
   Data       0              17937
   Index      0              24343
   Other      0              43922

Finished backup at 21-OCT-19

RMAN> As you can see, in "marked corrupt" column, the number is 0. I also did another check:

SQL> select file#,block#,corruption_type from v$database_block_corruption;

no rows selected

SQL> No corruption there. There should be a utility to fix logical problems. I will unplug my tenants and create a new database and patch the database. However, I will NOT risk crap like this with a production DB.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant