Re: How to trace the root cause of "SQL*Net more data to client" for only few executions of a query

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 14:51:44 -0400

On 10/9/19 12:30 PM, kunwar singh wrote:

> Hi Listers,
> Our customer  have one job which runs daily and one of the sqls which
> executes like 500 times had 5 odd executions where it runs slower and
> most of the time is being spent on "SQL*Net more data to client" .
> Normal run times are like few seconds and the longer run times are
> like 1 hour or so.

Personally, I don't think that this is an Oracle problem. You have a network connection that is unable to keep up with demand. I've seen that happen with application servers like WebLogic which request large amounts of data from the database and are on 1 GB LAN. Another example is when a slow PC is trying to pull a huge extract or report from the database. That can be helped by making the IP queue size longer.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant