Re: Standby First upgrades

From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 08:08:54 -0700

Enable flashback database and then perform a snapshot standby <https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/db/11g/r2/prod/ha/dataguard/usingsnapshot/usingsnapshot.htm>, where essentially you open the standby with resetlogs, perform the upgrade or whatever you want to do, then when you're finished flashback the database back to the point-in-time prior to opening the standby, and then just resume managed recovery.