Cloud Control / Data Guard

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 12:59:12 +0000

I have an issue I don't know how to address. I have a pair of databases set up in Oracle 11.2.0.4 with Data Guard. I've created another set of the databases in 12.1.0.2 with Data Guard. The second set was configured in Cloud Control 13.2.

The original databases are called CLAWPROD and CLAWPRDB. The new databases are CLAWPRDA and CLAWPRDB (which is following our new naming standard for Data Guard). The problem I'm having is when I ask CC to do a failover, it complains that there are two databases with the same DB_UNIQUE_NAME, even though they are on different servers and set up with different environments. I don't see why it can't keep them straight.

This is the error I get when I try to do the failover on the new pair:

Error

Multiple database targets with a DB_UNIQUE_NAME value of CLAWPRDB have been detected in Enterprise Manager. Either there are duplicate target entries for the same database, or more than one discovered database shares this DB_UNIQUE_NAME. If there are duplicate target entries, remove the duplicates. If more than one database shares this DB_UNIQUE_NAME, change the values so that each database has a unique value, then remove and rediscover each affected database so the new DB_UNIQUE_NAME values are loaded into the repository.

Is there any way that I can tell CC which one to use? I really don't want to throw away all the work I've put into building the environment.

Scott Canaan '88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.