Re: Manually Creation of an Interval partition

From: Dominic Brooks <dombrooks_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 14:41:00 +0000

Alter table lock partition for etc, etc will create.

Sent from my iPhone

On 3 Jul 2019, at 15:35, Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com<mailto:mwf_at_rsiz.com>> wrote:

Insert and rollback (or commit and truncate) a row for each relevant interval you need?

mwf

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 9:44 AM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Manually Creation of an Interval partition

I was doing some work with dbms_redefinition on a very large interval partitioned table, and ran into a problem whereby the new interval partition was created during the copy table dependents process. this caused the copy_table_dependents procedure to error out.

I could avoid this by forcing the creation of the new interval partition on both the interim table and the existing table prior to the dbms_redefinition process, but I am not sure how to force the creation of the new interval partition. Is it possible to do this without switching to manual partition creation entirely? I dont use partitioning a lot, so I am not fully familiar with all the bugs and features (is there a difference?).

Oracle 12.1.0.2 on Linux x86-64.

--

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jul 03 2019 - 16:41:00 CEST