Re: REAL TIME APPLY doesn't seem to be working correctly

From: Leng <lkaing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 12:26:03 +1000

Hi Sandra,
 Your alert log confirms that RTA is on:

Mon Apr 29 19:33:50 2019
Managed Standby Recovery starting Real Time Apply

Check out this note - 1481927.1

Because RTA is on, the standby is always up to date. It does not rely on archives to arrive before being applied.

So to compare the lag between primary and standby you actually need to look at the checkpoint_time in v$datafile. The values for each datafile should closely match on the primary and standby.

Cheers,
Leng