Re: Ctrl C in SQLPlus exits Windows

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 07:42:47 -0500

On 2019/03/12 15:48, Ram K wrote:

> Also considering installing Linux on my PC with perhaps vmware or any free virtualization software (any pointers?)

It depends on what you want to do with Linux. I have Cygwyn-X that I installed mainly for remote X-Windows display for Oracle installs (until Wayland takes over and breaks that). I also make use of its sftp/sftpd for file transfers, and bash shell to supplement/replace some Windows (lack of) functionality, like the "search" that fails to search within .SQL text files, depending on what the default program is for those file extensions.

I also have a few Linux VMs using our friend Oracle's VirtualBox, for when I need to have my own Oracle playground. Highly recommended for running on a desktop or even a headless Linux server.

My $.02,
Rich