Re: exadata write performance problems

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 17:45:53 -0500

Hi!

Exadata is a data warehouse machine. Its main feature are Bloom filters which eliminate the unnecessary blocks during the physical scan and don't force the database to do the elimination in its SGA. However, the writing speed of Oracle  Exadata leaves a lot to be desired. If you need a huge concurrent write, my advice would be to use a modern all flash array like NetApp all flash, EMC Xtrem_IO or Pure. In other words, Exadata shines at querying, not at writing.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant