Aw: Need to drop role with question marks in the role name

From: Ingrid Voigt <giantpanda_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 18:39:35 +0100

Maybe the question marks indicate a character set / display problem, and you could select
the role_name into a variable, then drop via PL/SQL?

Regards
Ingrid Voigt

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2019 um 18:16 Uhr
Von: "Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
An: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Betreff: Need to drop role with question marks in the role name
Oracle EE12c

Somehow a role got created with the name ???APP_READONLY??? and it is owned by the sys user.  I've been asked to delete the role since it isn't valid, but I haven't been able to figure out how to delete it.  Any ideas?
Sandy

--
Sandy B.

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Feb 13 2019 - 18:39:35 CET