Re: ASMM - resizing triggers/thresholds

From: Martin Klier - Performing Databases GmbH <martin.klier_at_performing-db.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 09:52:37 +0100 (CET)

Hey Alfredo DBA ;)

Thanks for your reply.

The resize_ops end with the last SHRINK on the buffer cache, shortly before we fixed the library cache eater. So I think basically it works, but refuses to accept my freeing up LC. ( in fact, flushing the shared pool should do that job, isn't it? But maybe simply does not trigger the thresholds of that very mechanism.)

The LC cache issue itself was just simply high version counts, eating up LC (and thus, shrinking buffer cache), parsing times, but no hard errors.

Yes, for sure minima for the common memory components are good practice, but sometimes somebody else made the decisions how to set up the DB in question... Guess you recognise the situation. :)

Thanks again, hope to see you in Texas?

Regards

--
Martin Klier // Performing Databases GmbH
Managing Partner // Senior DB Consultant

martin.klier_at_performing-db.com // https://www.performing-databases.com