Re: OMS repository on VM or non-VM?

From: Leng <lkaing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 08:24:32 +1100

Thanks for the response.

We’re looking at moving the repository db to exadata for RAC and DG capabilities. How about the oms middle tier app? We have licenses for weblogic but does this mean we can run multiple OMS’? Or are we still needing to buy a separate license for oms if we wanted to run more than one oms’? Eg, test vs prod oms.

If you’re only allowed one oms for free, how do you test your patches? We recently applied an oms patch as instructed by oracle support and it broke a fundamental feature on the GUI. Now we’ve been told to upgrade from oms 13.2 to 13.3. How do we go about testing it first?

Is this just oracle’s way of giving us a taste of oms but really wanting us to licence it if we want a test vs prod oms?

Cheers,
Leng