Re: Deadlock & DBMS_ROWID weirdness.

From: <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 14:25:00 +0000

almost certainly you are correct that the table has been moved at some point. The DATA_OBJECT_ID updates when the object is moved.

SQL> col object_name format a10
SQL> drop table t1 purge;

Table dropped.

SQL> create table t1 (id number not null);

Table created.

SQL> select object_name,object_id,data_object_id   2 from user_objects;

OBJECT_NAM OBJECT_ID DATA_OBJECT_ID
---------- ---------- --------------
T1 79624 79624

SQL> insert into t1 (id) values (1);

1 row created.

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

SQL> select object_name,object_id,data_object_id  from user_objects; 2

OBJECT_NAM OBJECT_ID DATA_OBJECT_ID
---------- ---------- --------------
T1 79624 79624

SQL> alter table t1 enable row movement;

Table altered.

SQL> select object_name,object_id,data_object_id   2 from user_objects;

OBJECT_NAM OBJECT_ID DATA_OBJECT_ID
---------- ---------- --------------
T1 79624 79624

SQL> alter table t1 move tablespace users;

Table altered.

SQL> select object_name,object_id,data_object_id from user_objects; 2

OBJECT_NAM OBJECT_ID DATA_OBJECT_ID
---------- ---------- --------------
T1 79624 79625

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 1:44 PM Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk> wrote:

> On 03/01/2019 11:15, Andre Maasikas wrote:
>
> > Great background information!
> Thanks, I do try, I've worked in support for almost all my working
> life. Fixing things (engines, boats, electrics, databases etc) is easier
> when you have all the information!
>

> > What is the DATA_OBJECT_ID for the table?
>
> DATA_OBJECT_ID
> --------------
> 1075419
>
> Mladen beat you to it, but only slightly. That is indeed the answer to
> my problem. Thanks very much Andre.
>

> Cheers,
> Norm.
>
> --