Errors executing password change procedure

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 09:56:21 -0700

Oracle Enterprise version 12.1.0.2

We have a new requirement to allow users to change their passwords, even if expired and/or account is locked. Per the requirements, I have created the new user (not allowed DBA privs) that will connect through a GUI and execute a password change procedure in another schema that has the necessary privileges. This new user has been granted execute privileges on the procedure. However, I'm getting an "ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" error when I try to execute the procedure as the new user.

I'm new to writing PL/SQL, so I found an example and have been trying to tweak it to meet our requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did grant "alter user" to the new user, but I'm not sure I really need that and it didn't make a difference to the error.

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE haalochangepassword(   p_username IN VARCHAR2,
  p_password IN VARCHAR2) AS
BEGIN

--
Sandy B.