Re: inside Oracle database development

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:19:50 +0000

But, as I seem to point out fairly frequently - the cathedrals we see last for centuries because the ones that fell down almost immediately aren't around any more.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Lothar Flatz <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch> Sent: 18 November 2018 09:00
To: tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: inside Oracle database development

Tim,

that is an absolutely outstanding comment .I will quote you .:-)  I recently had a conversation with a friend in front of Saint Stephens cathedral in Vienna. I mentioned that the guys in those days build the cathedral without understanding the laws of static. Just like we our today in Software development have no mathematical rule that will tell us what good software is. Yet, the cathedral lasts for centuries.

Regards

Lothar