Re: ioug sunday at oow?

From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 10:14:13 -0600

Thank you Mark, Jared, and Hans,

HERE <http://otw18.org> is the event page for Oak Table World, and we're going to start publishing to social media and elsewhere, all linking back to this page.

The event is all free and casual and runs from 9am - 5pm on Monday and Tuesday, but we hope you'll RSVP so we can get a headcount for ordering breakfast, snacks, and (hopefully!) beer from the Thirsty Bear.

For those who don't know it, the location (again) is the Children's Creativity Museum <http://creativity.org> which is located on the corner of Howard and 4th, smack dab between Moscone South and Moscone West.  Just peek behind the carousel, mirth and mayhem awaits.

Sponsors (who have made it all possible) include: Quest Software

<http://quest.com>, Pythian <http://pythian.com>, Delphix
<http://delphix.com>, CIMA <http://cima.dk>, and Amazon Web Services
<http://aws.amazon.com>!

We haven't confirmed it yet, but if we can drag him in from Denmark, then we will have opening remarks from Mogens Norgaard of CIMA <http://cima.dk>, who began Oracle Closed World (later to become Oak Table World after Oracle hinted at legal unpleasantness) in a back corner of the late Chevy's Fresh Mex in 2011.  Just know that one misses remarks by Mogens at their own peril!

Welcome to the 8th consecutive Oak Table World!

Hope to see y'all there!