Re: Instrumenting Poor performance

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 12:37:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Upendra,
sure, if you have licensed Oracle's diagnostics/tuning pack.

You can run SQLd360 (https://github.com/sqldb360/sqldb360) for that particular SQL ID and then have a look at the "34. Plans Details" page (if historical SQL Monitoring Reports are not available anymore). It got a section called "Top Executions from history" and "Top 15 Wait events over historical time for PHV ....." which helps you to understand what is going on :)

Of course ASH data is not enough if it is some kind of fancy stuff but give it a try to spot something very obvious :-)

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK