Re: rman fail on backup control file

From: LK <lkaing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 20:59:58 +1000

Hi Jeff,

From the debug we can see the failure is here:

DBGRPC: krmxrpc: xc=15378960 kpurpc2 rc=19624 db=target proc=DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.BACKUPPIECECREATE DBGMISC: ENTERED krmzejob [10:13:23.281] DBGMISC: Input Args(failed=1),(errnum=-19624) [10:13:23.359] (krmzejob)

It's trying to create the backuppiece and can't do so.

So I suspect that you have permission issues with the backup location.

eg.

How to Configure RMAN to Write to Shared Drives on Windows NT/2000/2003 (Doc ID 145843.1)

You said that the rest of the backup works, except for the autobackup.

So please show me the result of the following:

    RMAN> show all;
    RMAN> backup datafile 1;

    SQL> show parameter control

I'm thinking that we need to configure the autobackup and snapshot controlfile locations to wherever your datafile backup goes. I

But please show me the above and see what we get.

Cheers,

Leng Burgess.