RE: TopNsql and awr

From: Reen, Elizabeth <"Reen,>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 14:00:24 +0000

                My suggestion is to tune the top 10 and then the next 10 will bubble up.

Liz

Elizabeth Reen
CPB Database Group Manager
718.248.9930 (Office)
Service Now Group: CPB-ORACLE-DB-SUPPORT

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of V Raman Sent: Monday, July 02, 2018 5:39 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: TopNsql and awr

List,

I adjusted the topnsql so when I query the dba_hist_wr_control i see 50. Hoping to capture more than the default top 10 SQLs. However, even after the setting I see only 10 SQLs listed in the AWR reports, in SQLs by elapsed time, by CPU, reads, etc. Am I missing something.

We definitely had more than 10 SQLs that run in the 2 half hour awr sample periods.

venky.