Re: VPD

From: Vishnu <vishnukumarmp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 12:46:12 -0400

Hi Sanjay,

In your case, your mentioned "500 users in the database" , is it all database user/schema accounts or application users that use a common app schema to connect to the database. You can do something like this - use database log on trigger / set db context and use client identifier (if its a app user) or session user (if its a db user) to identify logged in user details and apply custom written functions that can dynamically add where clause to the queries based on conditions that can filter and provide appropriate results. Finally you can add policy to the object where you want to apply vpd. so whenever that object gets requested, policy will be applied to restrict the results.

Thanks,
Vishnu