Re: Sudden occurrence of SHARED_POOL LATCH waits - DB up since 4/3/2018

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 20:45:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Chris,
at first I would use latchprof(X) (https://github.com/tanelpoder/tpt-oracle/blob/master/latchprof.sql / https://github.com/tanelpoder/tpt-oracle/blob/master/latchprofx.sql) by Tanel Poder to troubleshoot the latch issue causer.

Afterwards you can drill down (with the gathered latch information) to the specific sub-pool as each shared pool child latch (max 7) protects one sub-pool.

You can also capture why the latch is requested so often (from the causer) and get stack traces all the way up but this is pretty tough to explain via mail :)

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK