Re: Sudden occurrence of SHARED_POOL LATCH waits - DB up since 4/3/2018

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 12:00:02 -0500

I think that's part of it but the table & partitions experiencing the partition exchange aren't in use at the time the partition exchange occurs.

So, we have a view that uses either TABLE1 or TABLE2. Prior to switching the view, we build the new partitions & data in the non-used table - once that table is built, the view is switched to use the newly modified data and then the apps use the View.

I confirmed that the table experiencing the DDL had no open sql against it which would seem to rule out invalidating a lot of SQL.

Definitely seems to have been an issue with one (or more) specific subpools.

Querying the subpools while the jobs were not running shows 7 pools - each with large amounts of free space.

Chris