Re: Backup requesting archivelog

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 18:12:04 -0400

Hi Sandy,
Control file contains the record of all archive logs that are on disk. If rman doesn't find them there, it will bomb out, thinking that there is something wrong. You need to run "crosscheck archivelog all", as Chris has advised you. No "delete expired" is necessary, although it's advised to remove those records and free some space in the control file. Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant