Re: Backup requesting archivelog

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 16:05:30 -0500

Are you doing a full backup plus archivelogs? The archivelog is recorded in the controlfile as having been generated but not backed up so it's complaining.

I believe you need to do an RMAN crosscheck archivelog and it will verify the archivelogs are not available and mark them as expired. Then you can do an RMAN> delete expired archivelog and then run your full backup.

Chris