Re: Performance comparison of Oracle Vs Aurora MySQL

From: Neil Chandler <neil_chandler_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 18:38:29 +0000

Ravi,

I assume you are looking to use something like Maxscale to redirect connections? Whilst they are pretty smart, tools like Maxscale (and ScaleARC) aren't magic and they won't fix all situations. They will add a little latency to your queries - the Maxscale engine needs to decide where to send the queries and perform redirection, so you have an extra hop and decision to make rather than straight to DB.

You also need to consider the impact on the master database of maintaining replicas and ensuring that those replicas are up to date.

And then the's cost of having 15 copies of your database on 15 servers. That's not trivial.

And finally, if your queries are slow because they are poorly written queries against a badly designed schema, this probably isn't going to help at all.

regards

Neil.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Ravi Teja Bellamkonda <raviteja.bellamkonda7_at_gmail.com> Sent: 10 April 2018 16:57
To: gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Performance comparison of Oracle Vs Aurora MySQL

Hi Mladen,

They are trying to use these MySQL drivers which can direct DML operations to a Master Instance and Reads to Read Replicas.

Thanks.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018, 8:54 AM Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com<mailto:gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>> wrote: How will replicas help with the OLTP database?

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant