Re: buffer cache structure in SGA

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 08:47:50 +0000

Orlando,

All the details about linked lists, hash tables etc. are actually about structures called buffer headers (or possibly buffer handles), the X$BH structure. As you surmise, each buffer header has a pointer to a buffer.

"The book", if you really want to read up a lot of the detail, is https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1430239549/ (change .co.uk to .com for USA) "Oracle Core: Essential Internals for DBAs and Developers: Essential Internals for DBAs and Developers".

Regards
Jonathan Lewis