Re: DG for nologging

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 20:56:20 +0700

You can do replication at the SAN level. Many solutions are out there, for example:

https://www.emc.com/collateral/white-papers/h12079-vnx-replication-technologies-overview-wp.pdf

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 8:52 PM, Nagaraj chk <nagaraj.chk_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> We will not be able to make database force logging (due to various
> reason), in that case do we have any other solution apart from DG or OGG.
>

> -Naga
>
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 5:41 PM, Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Naga,
>>
>> Unless I misunderstand, then simply run this:
>>
>> Alter database force logging;
>>
>> You can do this at any time.
>>
>> It is one of the pre-requisites for setting up DG/Standby databases
>> anyway. Once done, you can proceed to build the standby in the normal
>> manner. Rman is good for that.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Cheers.
>> Norm.
>>

>> On 6 March 2018 11:20:00 GMT+00:00, Nagaraj chk <nagaraj.chk_at_gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> hi Gurus,
>>>

>>> We have a database which is in TB of size with no logging option enabled
>>> , we have requirement to setup DR to ensure the data is protected on any
>>> disaster , Since the database in nologging mode we will not be able to
>>> setup DataGuard or OGG. In this situation please guide on any feasible
>>> solutions
>>>

>>> -Naga
>>>

>> --

//
zztat - The Next-Gen Oracle Performance Monitoring and Reaction Framework!
Visit us at zztat.net | Support our Indiegogo campaign at igg.me/at/zztat |
_at_zztat_oracle