Re: DBA Job Functions

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 00:38:12 -0800

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 1:22 AM, Sayan Malakshinov <xt.and.r_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On recent oracle versions I wouldn't start from 10046, because in more
> than 80% cases it's overkill and it requires more time(you need to wait end
> of execution, otherwise you will not get row statistics) than other more
> real-time tools, for example, Session Snapper, ASH, RTSM, v$session_event,
> etc...

It is not always necessary to have everything: often an analysis of a few thousand trace lines tells you all you need to know.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Github: https://github.com/jkstill