Re: _convert_set_to_join default

From: Mohamed Houri <mohamed.houri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 19:31:58 +0100

I think that all new CBO parameters introduced in Oracle release x (12.1.0.1 for example) will be unset if you decide to set the optimizer mode at release x-1 (11.2.0.4 for example) during your upgrade process from 11gR2 to 12cR1. Actually I got the same question when I wanted to set the _optimizer_ansi_join_lateral_enhance
<https://hourim.wordpress.com/2017/06/02/_optimizer_ansi_join_lateral_enhance/>  parameter to FALSE in a 12cR1 and was trying to find if other applications have already done this before me. Indeed I find that this parameter has been unset in several 12cR1 databases without any specific alter system command. All those applications have a common caracteristic: they have set the optimizer mode to 11.2.0.4 during their upgrade process to 12cR1.

Best regards
Mohamed Houri

--

Houri Mohamed

Oracle DBA-Developer-Performance & Tuning

Member of Oraworld-team <http://www.oraworld-team.com/>

Visit My         - Blog <http://www.hourim.wordpress.com/>

Let's Connect -
<http://fr.linkedin.com/pub/mohamed-houri/11/329/857/>*Linkedin